How do I verify my military or first responder affiliation?

Set up an account and then send your verification documents to

Please include the following in your email:

  • Name on PolyGlitter account
  • Email used for your PolyGlitter account
  • Copy of your verification document

NOTE: The name on the document you upload must match the name on your PolyGlitter account.

Who is eligible? 


The following members of the uniformed services (Coast Guard, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Space Force, US Public Health, and NOAA) are eligible for Military group affiliation:

  • Active Duty
  • National Guard
  • Reserves
  • Veterans
  • Retirees
  • Military Spouses
  • Surviving Spouses

The following groups are ineligible:

  • Civilian employees
  • Veterans with less than honorable discharges
  • Service members serving in a non-U.S. military


  • Police Officer (Federal, State, and Local)
  • Sheriff / Sheriff's Deputy
  • Correctional Officer
  • State Trooper
  • Federal Law Enforcement Officer (Ex: Customs & Border Protection Officer, Air Marshal, etc.)
  • Park Police & Park Rangers
  • Probation & Parole Officers
  • Bridge and Tunnel Officers
  • Detention Officers
  • Railroad Police Officers
  • School Resource Officers
  • Auxiliary & Reserve Sheriff Deputy or Police Officers
  • Animal Control Officers who are credentialed as a Law Enforcement Officer
  • Fire Marshals who are certified Law Enforcement Officers
  • Court Bailiffs/Court Officers (must be hold law enforcement credentials)
  • Deputy Clerk
  • Code Enforcement Officer
  • VIPS - Volunteers in Police Service


  • Career Firefighter (Federal, State, and Local)
  • Wild-land firefighter/ Prescribed fire burn manager
  • Volunteer Firefighter
  • Fire Marshal


  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
  • Paramedic


  • Police, Sheriff, Fire or EMS Dispatcher
  • Fire Communications Officer
  • Public Safety Telecommunicator


  • Doctors
  • Registered Nurses
  • Emergency Department Personnel
  • Coroner


  • Ski Patrol
  • Peace Corps
  • Crime Scene Analyst/Tech/Lab
  • CERT Team Members (Community Emergency Response Team)
  • Search and Rescue Team Members
  • Emergency Management Volunteers
  • Transportation Security Officer for TSA
  • Chaplains
  • Forensic Services

What documentation do I need to verify my military or first responder status?

You can use the following documents to verify as Military or First Responder:

  • Military can use discharge paperwork such as LES, DD Form 214, 215, 256, NGB Form 22, VA issued ID card for health care, veterans ID card, veterans status designation on drivers license or state veterans ID card or veterans group membership card (VFW, American Legion, DAV, etc.) Please DO NOT submit a photocopy of your CAC card as verification. It is a violation of Title 18, US Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701.
  • EMTs / Paramedics can use a state license, a EMT / Paramedic certification issued within the past 48 months, or an ID Card with your name and title on it, or a pay stub issued within the last 90 days.
  • Firefighters can use an ID card with their name and title on it, a firefighter certification issued within the past 48 months, an unexpired membership card, or a pay stub issued within the last 90 days.
  • Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) can use a valid ID card that states their name and title, a pay stub that has been issued within the last 90 days, or a LEO certification issued within the past 48 months. Federal LEOs can use your SF-50.
  • 911 Dispatchers can use an ID Card with their name and title on it, a 911 Dispatcher certification issued within the past 48 months, or a pay stub issued within the last 90 days.
  • Retired First Responders can use a retiree ID card, retirement certificate, etc. 
  • Medical Professionals and Other First Responders can use an ID Card (showing at least one name and one initial; for example, John Smith, J. Smith, and John S. would all be acceptable) or a paystub issued within the last 90 days. 

NOTE: We do not accept transcripts, department logos, business cards, emblems, insurance cards or pictures of individuals dressed in uniform as a form of verification. All badges must be accompanied by proper identification. ID cards must show a valid occupational title, not Employee or Civilian.